Jordon Harlan – Attorney
Following law school, Jordon briefly worked for prominent law firms representing insurance companies. While there, he learned how insurance companies operate, and what kind of cases and lawyers they’re afraid to fight against.
Jordon’s conviction to represent individuals and try cases against insurance companies arose from personal experience. Before he became a lawyer, his grandmother tripped over a gray, unmarked extension cord that loosely ran across a sidewalk in front of a major brand-name store. She broke her hip, became ill in the hospital and passed away as a result. The insurance company denied her claim and deprived her of the money she needed to take care of herself when she was most vulnerable.
Nobody apologized and nobody cared that their mistake cost someone else’s life.
Now, Jordon has the opportunity to prevent these injustices in his client’s life and he relishes the opportunity to do so.
In order to be the best advocate for his clients, he is continuously honing his trial skills. In past years, Jordon acted as an adjunct professor at the University of San Diego, regularly instructing students on trial tactics, evidence, and case theory. He has also acted as faculty for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) Deposition Skills seminar.
Jordon is a graduate of the University of San Diego School of Law. While enrolled, he was invited to compete nationally on both his law school’s trial team and appellate moot court team. During the same period, he also interned for the San Diego District Attorney’s Office and the Honorable John A. Houston of the Southern District of California.
Jordon has offices in San Diego, California and Durango, Colorado. He enjoys motorcycling (in Durango), running and trying out the local breweries in North Park.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Personal Injury
- Business Litigation
- Mass Tort
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
- University of San Diego School of Law
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence — 2010
- Honors: Order of Barristers, National Mock Trial Team, National Moot Court Team
- University of San Diego
- B.A., Bachelor of Business Administration
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Superlawyer selection —2017-2019 Rising Star (awarded to only 2.5% of all nominated attorneys)
- 10/10 “Superb” Avvo Rating
- Preeminent 5.0 out of 5.0, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best of the Bar — 2016, San Diego Business Journal
- Top Young Attorney Finalist — 2014, San Diego Daily Transcript
- Order of Barristers — 2010
- University of San Diego School of Law, Mock Trial — 2012 – 2016
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA), Deposition Skills — 2014-2015
- University of San Diego School of Law, Speaker, Post Graduate Motion Practice Program — 2014
- ASCBS Conference, Medical Malpractice: How To Stay Out of Jeopardy