If you were injured after an accident involving a pressure cooker kitchen appliance, you may be able to bring a pressure cooker lawsuit for damages.
Pressure cookers are popular kitchen appliances that are intended to make meal preparation faster and easier. These appliances can be useful tools–however, they can also create serious safety hazards in the kitchen.
If you have sustained an injury while using a pressure cooker, you may be entitled to bring a lawsuit for damages. Damages can give you the financial means you need to heal from your injuries and keep up with other expenses such as rent, mortgage, and cost of living.
Pressure cookers are popular because they’re quick and convenient – which is why millions of people in the U.S. use them in their home kitchens. Individuals who are just trying to cook a meal for their families may find themselves injured by a pressure cooker explosion or accident.
Appliance manufacturers have a legal duty to create safe products for the general public. If you have been injured in a pressure cooker accident, you may want to consult with an attorney who can help you pursue a lawsuit for damages.
The attorneys at Harlan Law are actively taking cases and fighting for those who have been injured by pressure cookers. Contact us online or by calling (619) 870-0802 to schedule your no-cost consultation today.
Damages Available in Pressure Cooker Lawsuits
Home appliance manufacturers have a legal duty to create safe products for their customers. When manufacturers fail to meet safety standards by creating defective or malfunctioning products, they must be held responsible.
A personal injury lawsuit can help you file a product liability lawsuit for damages against the accountable parties and help you secure the compensation you need to move forward. Damages that may be recovered in a pressure cooker lawsuit may include:
- Medical Expenses: You may be able to recover for the costs associated with medical treatment, including hospitalization, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, and ongoing medical care related to injuries caused by the defective pressure cooker.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering damages are intended to compensate you for the physical and emotional pain, suffering, and distress experienced as a result of the injuries.
- Property damages: An attorney can help you pursue reimbursement for damage to property. This can include damage to the pressure cooker itself and any other property affected by the accident, such as if there is a fire.
- Lost wages: If you were unable to work and lost income during recovery, a lawyer can help make sure that you receive adequate financial compensation. This may include future lost earning capacity if the injuries result in long-term or permanent disability.
- Punitive damages: In some situations, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the manufacturer or distributor of the defective pressure cooker for particularly reckless or malicious behavior. Punitive damages are not always awarded and are subject to specific legal criteria.
Remember that the amount of damages that may be available to you can vary depending on the circumstances of the case, the injuries sustained, and the legal claims pursued. You should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you proceed with your product liability matter.
A personal injury attorney can assess the specific details of your case, help you understand your legal options, and guide you through the process of seeking compensation for your injuries and damages.
If you have been injured due to a defective pressure cooker, you may seek compensation for various types of damages. Contact Harlan Law online or by calling (619) 870-0802 to learn more about how a personal injury lawyer can help you.
Pressure Cooker Accidents
Pressure cooker accidents can occur without warning. Hundreds of people have been injured in pressure cooker accidents–including pressure cooker explosions. Injuries from pressure cooker accidents can be severe and may take years to properly heal.
Pressure cookers are so powerful that some explosions can cause property damage to people’s kitchens and houses. After an incident like this, many victims file personal injury lawsuits against the manufacturers of these appliances.
A settlement or judgment from a lawsuit can help cover the costs of medical treatment, lost wages from being unable to work, and any pain or emotional suffering you’ve experienced as a result of your accident. An instant pot lawsuit or a pressure cooker lawsuit may be necessary to help you recover.
Can Pressure Cookers Explode?
Pressure cookers have safety mechanisms built in that are meant to prevent explosions. Still, these mechanisms can fail and pressure cookers and instant pot pressure cookers can explode.
Factors contributing to pressure cooker explosions may include defective design or manufacturing, faulty safety features, and seal malfunctions. The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued several recalls for pressure cookers that pose a risk to users.
One of the most recent pressure cooker recalls includes:
- Insignia pressure cooker in 6-Quart Multi-Function Pressure Cooker in model numbers: NS-MC60SS8, NS-MC60SS8, NS-MC60SS9, NS-MC80SS9 and inner cooker pots with model numbers NS-MCRP6NS9 and NS-MCRP6SS9
- Bella, Bella Pro Series pressure cookers in model numbers: JY-PC20US-5P, JYPC24US-8P, JY-PC26US-11P
- Crux pressure cookers in electric unit 14721
- Cooks electric pressure cookers in electric unit 22276
A pressure cooker explosion can cause serious injuries including:
- Severe burns or scald injuries
- Eye injuries
- Traumatic injuries
If you have been injured due to a defective pressure cooker, consult with a personal injury attorney who specializes in product liability cases. They can assess the details of your situation, determine if you have a viable claim, and guide you through the legal process if necessary.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
A pressure cooker lawyer can help you pursue a personal injury lawsuit if you have been injured while using a pressure cooker. The team at Harlan Law has achieved many successes for their clients. We have successfully pursued hundreds of cases and have achieved millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards on behalf of our clients.